Calendar

Monday, July 9, 2012

The end of day 1

Camp started with a bang! The girls got right into stunting and working up a sweat. The girls were stunting away and working very hard. At times there were moments of frustration, but it didn't last long (yay). After 90 minutes or so we changed groups and the girls went to dance class.... Ahhhh true diva dancing came out. I must admit, they did learn a rather long and challenging dance and it was quite entertaining to watch, but it has a long ways to go before its performance ready... Before we knew it, dinner time was here. Eating with the girls is always fun... Or funny... Whatever. :-). I always check to make sure that each girl has enough on their plate and to see how many cookies each girl has..... There were five other girls at my table and I think I saw at least 17 cookies..... Don't worry moms and dads, I made sure they ate their dinner first. After dinner and a quick break we were back at it again. Though I'm not exactly sure what they did... Micki and I were at a coaches meeting. By the time we were done camp was coming to a close.... BUT not before awards..... Not only did our girls get to take a spirit stick, but the also won THE BIG BANANA! Which in the cheer world is a big deal! :-) So off to the rooms we went. The girls raced for the 15 minute of phone time and then spent the remainder of the night (as far as I know) prepping for tomorrow. They got out all their beach gear and even had a mini fashion show.... I just hope they practiced their dance..,, Until tomorrow, Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment